Tuesday, May 26, 2009

From The Couch To 5k Work-out

I wanted to share a work out Sean, my SIL Mika, and I are doing... It's Called from the couch to 5k run. You do each work out 3 times a week.

Week 1: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Week 2: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Week 3: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)

Week 4: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Week 5: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Week 6: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Week 7: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes).

Week 8: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).

Week 9: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).

2 comments:

  1. Hey from a fellow Biggest Loser Bloggin' buddy! I started the Couch to 5k program a few months ago, and I was so surprised as to how fast I built up endurance! It's awesome...I have found that I have had to switch up my workouts, though, to include other kinds of cardio and weights - I lost about 6 pounds between week 1 and week 6 of the program, then plateaued...I have yet to make it a full 3 miles, but I'm sticking with it because I never thought I could run 1, much less 2 miles without dying! :) Thanks for the updates, prayers, and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber, I can't even begin to think about this workout your doing! Sounds like I lose body parts, trying something like that. haha
    hey check out my give away, I left a link at the top right hand side of my page, click there and it will take you to the post, leave a comment and all that it ask you to do and you will be entered for the t-shirt. They are really cool shirts, I think you will like them.

    Hope to see you soon. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete