Friday, May 15, 2009

Proposal


I was thinking today about the day Sean proposed and I thought I would share it with ya’ll. It was July 1, 2006. Sean and I had been dating for about four months. My mom and some of my girlfriends and I went to spend the day in Abilene for a girl’s day out and that evening we were all going to get together at Sean’s house in O’Donnell for a cookout. Nothing extravagant, I had just invited a few of our friends, and Eric and Sean were going to play their guitars and sing a little. I was nervous about this because I wanted everything to be perfect. This was the first time my mom was going to meet Sean. I had gone over and helped him clean from top to bottom. I sat at my Nanny’s kitchen table and made a grocery list; the guys said they would go shopping and do all the cooking. We had a fabulous day and when we had reached Lamesa we got a call from Eric. He needed Kasee and me to run through Welch and get his guitar and music from the church, he had forgotten it. These really irritated me because we were already running late, and leave it to Eric to make me run later. Kasee and I unlocked the doors and she told me to go get the Guitar off the front pew and she would go to Eric’s office and get the music. Well, I opened the Sanctuary doors and there was Sean standing on stage surrounded by roses and candles. Immediately I began to pour tears. I finally made my way to the front. We gave each other a hug and when I turned around the church was filled with about 75 of our closest friends and family. Everyone was in on the surprise. They had all parked their cars at the school. Sean then proceeded to read a part of a letter I had wrote him when he was on his Walk to Emmaus and a portion of his journal entry he wrote when we had only been dating a few weeks. He then played and sang a song he wrote for me then got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Also, there was no intention of having a cookout at Sean’s. He let me help him clean his house as part of his plan… how convenient. Instead of the barbeque, the two of us went to dinner in Lubbock at Olive Garden. Sean had called ahead and had them reserve a table for us and they did one better; they closed off a whole section. It was soooo romantic.

One of my favorite engagement pics

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet day. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful engagement story,how very romantic! and way to go with your weight loss this week. Looking forward to losing with you. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss this week!! I will be praying for Caleb, and I LOVE the picture!

    ReplyDelete